- MASON STAIN 6410 CANARY YELLOW EQUIVALENT – Vibrant yellow ceramic stain for use in fired ceramics 1800-2350 Degrees F (cone 06-10). Add color to pottery glazes, clays, slips, engobes & washes.
- LIMITLESS COLOR SHADES – Blend with different color stains to create limitless color shades. Simply follow our blend guides and save yourself countless hours of trial and error.
- CONTROL COLOR OPACITY – Our ceramic stains are powerful pigments that create rich vibrant colors when tinting glazes, underglaze, slips, clay bodies and washes. Reference stain opacity chart to vary opacity and color density. Get vibrant opaque glaze color or subtle transparent color by varying the percentage of stain.
- CONSISTENT RESULTS – Each batch of stain is lab tested for color consistency and quality control.
- MADE IN SPAIN – It’s no secret the Spanish make the best ceramic color. That’s why we source our stain from Spain!
If you are new to ceramics you surely have discovered that using ceramic stains can be intimidating. Most suppliers offer their mason stains with little information to help the beginning ceramicist. What percent should you use in a glaze, or porcelain slip? What If I need a color shade that is not offered as a standard pigment, can I blend two mason stain colors to achieve that? Can a bright vibrant color be turned into a pastel color? What will the color look like in glaze versus a color tinted slip. Typically these answers would have to be found by many trial & error glaze tests. This can be costly and time consuming, especially for a budding ceramicist or potter. That’s why we set out to simplify the world of ceramic color stains and make beautiful fired ceramic color accessible not just to factories and professionals, but to potters, artist and hobbyists alike. We’ve spent countless hours testing and sourcing the best ceramic stains and offering only the best tried and true core colors that can then be easily blended to create a plethora of beautiful colors. Simply reference our blend and opacity guide charts and Voila! Now you literally have hundreds of ceramic color shades at your fingertips. Finally you can do what you do best – Create! Go ahead, add to your cart today and start making beautiful Ceramics!